Bâloise’s Step by Step Action, working together with the Hëllef fir d'Natur de natur&ëmwelt Foundation
Innovation in the field of sustainability has played a major part in the development of our solutions:
- Drive Electric, insurance designed specifically for drivers of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, in partnership with diego and enovos.
- InsureMyBike, for those who choose to use two-wheelers for travel or leisure.
- Switch Plan, the first 100% sustainable life insurance policy, with the support of etika.
In addition to the investments which we, the Bâloise Assurances Group in Luxembourg, make for sustainable growth, we are also acting responsibly to reduce our carbon impact:
- Our future Wooden head office is currently under construction, built mainly of wood from sustainable forests in the greater surrounding region, with the aim of being a 'Smart' building, to reduce our energy consumption, and 'Well’, to promote the well-being of our staff.
- The dematerialisation of our processes and the digitisation of our client portals, which will also enable us to work towards a radical reduction in our paper consumption.
In this context, we have decided, from 2023 onwards, to stop sending tax certificates by post. They will simply be available on our portal and our mobile app. This means that several tons of paper will no longer be necessary. These savings will enable us to further strengthen our partnership with the Hëllef fir d'Natur de natur&ëmwelt Foundation, and more specifically their ecological networking initiative.
Bâloise’s Step by Step action in concrete
Combating climate change also means committing to maintaining the many ecosystem services made possible by biodiversity: water quality, pollination, air quality, flood prevention, reduction of erosion, etc.
The ecological network includes all the natural components of the landscape - such as copses, trees, moorland, ponds, wasteland, ditches and streams - which are interconnected to create a natural network ensuring all kinds of biological exchanges in order to maintain the quality and development of the surrounding flora and fauna.
By providing tax certificates online - and thus reducing the amount of correspondence - we will be able to provide support for the Hëllef fir d'Natur de natur&ëmwelt Foundation with the aim of acquiring and preserving about 20,000 m2 of biologically valuable natural reserves. A first step which means a lot to us. Our objective is to increase these areas each year in order to expand the ecological network. It is therefore thanks to our clients, who will agree to no longer receiving their certificates in paper form, that we will be able to protect nature by enabling the Foundation to ensure the maintenance of land with exceptional biodiversity, through appropriate and reasoned management.
These are just some of the small steps we are taking together, to move towards a more sustainable world! We would like to thank all our clients for their support and cooperation in this beautiful project which is so close to our hearts.