Protect what is possible in your home
- Unplug all electrical appliances that have been wet
- Avoid using any heating equipment
- Put up what can be put up without endangering yourself (take photos beforehand)
- If in doubt, check before drinking tap water
Contact your insurer and prepare for the a possible visit of the expert
- Contact your insurer/agent to obtain the procedure for declaring a claim
- Take photos or videos of the damages before clearing or moving anything in your home
- Mark the height of the water level
- List the items affected and other damage to your home
- Try to collect the bills for the items affected
Clean your home and salvage what you can
If possible, the water should be drained away so that the damage does not get any worse. Make sure to protect yourself while cleaning and protect yourself.
It is important not to undertake any repair or replacement work until you have made your claim.
The Luxembourg government has set up several information channels regarding the recent floods:
Above all, don't take any risks, remain cautious, stay informed (newspaper - radio - local news) and follow the local authorities instructions.